Welcome to the Fifteenth International Conference on
Hyperbolic Problems: Theory, Numerics and Applications - HYP2014. The
objective of the conference is to bring together scientists with interests
in the theoretical, applied, and computational aspects of hyperbolic partial
differential equations and of related mathematical models appearing in the
area of applied sciences. Highlight Topics include:
- Singular limits (zero-viscosity, relaxation, incompressible limit,
semi-classical limits) and dispersive equations in mathematical physics.
- Nonlinear wave patterns in multi-dimensions.
- Particle/molecular dynamics (kinetic methods, passage from microscopic to
macroscopic, numerical issues in transitional regimes,
- Theory and numerics of multiphases and interfaces (boundary layers, phase
boundaries, multiphase wave propagation).
- Transport in complex environments (homogenization, semiclassical limits,
scattering in random media, porous media, biological applications, network
and traffic flows).
- Control problems for Hyperbolic PDEs (controllability/stabilizability
properties, optimal control) and Hamilton-Jacobi related problems.
- General relativity and Geometric PDEs.
As it has been done in the past, a special effort will be made to enable
young scientists to attend and to promote their interaction with the more
senior researchers. Partial financial support will be available for young
The conference program will include 45-minute plenary lectures, 40-minute
invited presentations, and 25-minute contributed presentations. A poster
session presentation will be also organized. For details on the submission
procedure see the section .